CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

MCKENZIE!!

I love my sweet little girl. Normally, when I post I am in hurry. In a hurry to get the next thing on my to do list done. Last week my to do list suddenly came to a halt when I took McKenzie in to have an xray on her back. I thought everything with our little girl was perfect. I was surprised when the doctor called me later that day and told me she was not.

McKenzie has been diagnosed with scoliosis and spinal bifida. Her L5 vertebrate never fused together when she was in my womb. He then told me we would need to get an MRI done asap to find out if she has a tethered spinal cord. (Which will require surgery of her spine).

McKenzie will be sedated for her procedure on Wed. I am grateful that I know that Heavenly Father has a watchful eye on us. I am even more grateful for our little girl. It broke my heart when I told her and the first thing she asked me was "can I still do gymnastics?" ...  She LOVES  gymnastics and has loved going every week.

I am certain that she will be watched over whatever the process may be. We love you McKenzie!!!

1 comment:

Amber Warner said...

So sorry Jody. Hope all goes well with your precious girl. Your family will be in our prayers.

Visits from my friends