CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Remebering The Good Times!!

I did not want today to go by without taking a minute to reflect on Laramie.
It has been one year since he has passed away. Everyone deals with death differently and everyone has had a different relationship with him. Mine was a love hate relationship.
I wanted to take a few minutes just to remember some of the better times I had with him.

The other day I was driving past the KMART in draper and I remembered the many times going and dropping Laramie off. I remember one time imperticular though. He had a football game he had to go to. He asked me if I could take him and his friend. On the way to the game he informed me that I needed to stop and buy his friend a "jock Strap" his friend had forgotten his. I was so embarrassed. Laramie however thought this was no big deal.

Another time was when Kasey and lived with my mom and dad and laramie was in 8th grade. I got a really bad migraine and I asked Laramie if he would get me a ibuprofen he said we were out. Then he informed me that we had Tylenol and that it worked better. I had to run some errands and he and my mom came with me. I started to feel so groggy and tired. I asked laramie what he gave me he said it was Tylenol PM. I said WHY did you give me that he said because it was starting to get late. (DUH)....

Next was the times when Laramie was really little. It was right after he came to live with us. Me, Brandi, and Carmen would get mad at him for something and he would yell "Listen hear LUNG ladies". He was having some trouble with his vocabulary. We would tease him about this all the time...

Or the time he took all my tampons out of their packaging and tied his little army guys to the ends and put them in the tube to see if they would float(he was only 5 or 6)..

Some of the best memories I have of him is his willingness to help. He always helped people. I think he loved doing things for other people.

I think that is how I would like to remember him. I am grateful for time and the peace it can give people. Time tends to soften hardened hearts and things seem a little differentand not quite so complex. I love you Laramie very much and miss you..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so sweet to remember him. Thank You

Visits from my friends