CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

McKenzie's Surgery

Mckenzie went in for Spinal Surgery Jan 26. We had known for a little over a month and had been anticaptaing this day. I think my nerves had the best of me, because I didnt sleep a wink the night before. The day before she went in for surgery we recieved an out pour of gifts and neighbors stopping by to see her. I feel very blessed for everyone who showed their concern for her.

Thursday morning we went in bright and early. McKenzie was doing very well, I believe she understood as much as she could. I was so proud of her she never cried. Actually, she was very happy! This picture is just before the anesthesiologist came in.

Her Surgery was only 2 1/2 hours. I was very nervous when the doctor came into the waiting room and escorted us into another room to talk to us. He told Kasey and I that her spinal cord has so much tension on it that when he released it, it shot right up. Then he told us that to his surprise even though the MRI gave us a very grim diagnoses he noticed something different. Her L-5 vertebrate was almost closed, which was very different from what the MRI showed. This is great news because it eliminates a future surgery.
Best news of all was he the Dr felt like this was going to be very successful and hopefully she will not need any future surgeries.

I saw this picture after McKenzie's Surgery. There is NO denying that she was not in the hands of doctors, but her loving heavenly father. He is the one who has been watching over her from the beginning.
I have had so many people ask how am I finding out now that she has Spina Bifida. My answer, I think I knew something wasn't right. She doesn't fit the spina bifida profile. There are three different types of spina bifida. McKenzie's (thankfully) is a the most mild form Spina Bifida Occulta. We have been very blessed. I know that Heavenly father has a very divine plan for here in this life.






Finally able to sit up after 48 hours of laying flat. She was one very happy little girl!

Grandma can make anything better, my mom came and played cards with McKenzie.

The best feeling, watching her walk. I have never been so grateful to see her up and moving!


Skyler was a trooper! There is never a dull moment when that kid is around. I tried so hard to get him to focus on the camera.

No comments:

Visits from my friends