

One of my goals for 2009 is to work on my food storage. A couple of weeks ago I had someone come and do a coupon class. I had been doing pinching your pennies but not doing it with more then one newspaper a week. Any ways, the last time Albertsons had a really good buy I watched a lady in front of me get her total down to .88 cents. I am not kidding. I was amazed. I ordered three newspaper and it is definitely worth it.This sale ends next Tuesday and the sooner you go the better. It gets picked over pretty quick I think that the Draper Albertsons is usually not as picked over. So, I did not do as good as this women but I did get a really good start. My Total came to $100.89. After coupons and the Albertsons sale I spent 36.99. Here is what I got
13 boxes of fruit snacks
5 boxes of Go-gurt(yogurt)
4 bottles of Crest toothpaste
3 Bottles of Loreal kids shampoo
3 10 ct fruit juice minute maid boxes
1 Fusion Gillete Razor
2 bags of chips
1 bag of M&Ms (to hold Mckenzie over from this very hard working shopping trip)
I still have $10.00 for Albertsons to use.
I added a Pic of what I got. Right before I took this pic I said to Mckenzie "Wow, Look how much we saved." This is her big "WOW" face...
7 comments:
Okay, I am SO sad that my kids were sick when you had that class!! I need to have you come over and teach me!! Which paper do you get? You did GREAT!!!
I was the worst. I way over spen on my grocerys before I went to the class. Usually around $200-250 a week. I was building food storage so I thought it was justified. After going to Jodys class every week I have saved 50%. I did have one week were it came to $230 after the sale, but the bill before was $430. I bought a lot of cleaning items and filed the freezer full of meet that week. At that time I was not doing any cupons just watching for sale items.
This week I spent $330. I spent $156. I shopped on Friday and it was very picked over, but Saturday morning they had restocked the shelves and everything that was on the sale was there.
I had one week were they advertised whole chickens for $.88 a pound. I thought that would be good since I was dieting. I bought four chickes but they had accidently marked them 1.48 bound when the butcher fixed it that alone was over a $20.00 savings. It is almost like going to Vegas and playing the games to see home much you can save each week
Jody! I so need you to teach me how this works! I hear its time consuming so can a full time working mom do this? Matt and I always say we need to do this and we really do! I love for you to show me how this all works! I am so glad you found my blog! You have such a darling family! So cute!
Way to go on the savings! I love to see/read about other people success at the store. Keep on savin!
yep, I need lessons!!
WOW!!! I need you to help me! I am NO good at bargain shopping! You go girl!
Yeah, I pretty much suck! Tried couponing for the first time this weekend and saved a whopping.... 28 dollars... on $150... I know I could do so much better if only I had your mad skills!! (that's a hint to get you to teach me)... When's dinner?
Post a Comment